The Bro Code is Here to take you back to High School Drama and Wattpad days!

The Bro Code

By Elizabeth A. Seibert

Compete Review

Publisher: Wattpad Books 
Release Date: September 22nd, 2020 
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Fiction
“Tell me I'm wrong.”

About The Bro Code:

As a certified stand-up bro, Nick Maguire knows that some things in life are sacred: Do not skip ab workouts. Never back down from spicy foods. And always accept the outcome of Rock, Paper, Scissors. For these are the revered doctrines of The Bro Code, rules of conduct that have been passed down through the ages from bro to bro.
Heading into his senior year, Cassidy High’s star soccer player has his priorities straight and intends to spend his time playing sports, hanging out, and living by the code. But when his best bro Carter’s sister Eliza returns from studying overseas, the awkward, academic girl Nick remembers is different.

Carter might be Nick’s bro, but Eliza becomes his whole world—and he has to make a choice between them. Is being with the girl of your dreams worth breaking the most important rule: never date your best friend’s sister? Somehow, Nick never expected that following The Bro Code may have even bigger consequences than breaking it.


Star Rating: 5/5
Genre: YA Romance

Review:

Thank you to Elizabeth Seibert, Wattpad Books, and Favourite Pages Book Club for sending me an advance copy of this book to read and review.

"No matter how much I resented my parents for being Muggles, it wouldn’t change the fact that if I ever went to Hogwarts, I’d probably be expelled for exclusively playing Quidditch and not studying. Ever."
With fall around, this YA rom-com was exactly what I was looking for! Taking place in fall, the three bros Nick, Austen, and Carter are determined to make the most of the year and continue following their holy bible, The Bro Code. However, things take a dramatic turn when Nick (who is completely swoon-worthy btw) ends up falling for his best friend sister, Eliza O’ Connor, and breaking the most sacred law of The Bro Code. Now, Nick has to choose between his best friend and Eliza, and following the bro code is doing more damage than breaking it.
"She thought I might push her too far. That I might ridicule her to save face. That my masculinity mattered more to me than her safety."
Nick is your dream guy. Hot, handsome, good in sports and has the superpower of being humorous. Other than that, he will be willing to listen to you and change his views according to what’s right. Eliza is the smart, goofy girl with an amazing personality who stands up for what’s right and lights up the whole room just by being there. The chemistry between these two characters is so strong, you can’t help but ship them.

The book will take you back to the days of high school when the world wasn’t dying because of a global pandemic. It’s sweet, romantic, a little clichΓ©, and perfect for when you’re not in a good mood, because this will have you laughing out loud and instantly put you in a good mood! I found it a little predictable but I find most YA romcoms predictable so I’m going to give this book a 5-star rating.

Favorite Quotes:

1. Tell me I'm wrong. 
2. Austin was also famous for wearing basketball shorts after a snowstorm. We all have our things.
3. Carter’s pineapple juice addiction had started before he moved to North Cassidy, so I never got the full story—but if a normal human’s body is 60 percent water, Carter’s was at least 50 percent pineapple juice cocktail. Maybe that was why the girls loved him so much after soccer practice—even his sweat made them want to be around him.
4. the Bro Code clearly states to never leave a bro behind. Goddamn Bro Co—I caught myself. Close one. I’d almost blasphemed bro-kind.
5. It made sense that Eliza would love Batman. All the cool kids do.
6. No matter how much I resented my parents for being Muggles, it wouldn’t change the fact that if I ever went to Hogwarts, I’d probably be expelled for exclusively playing Quidditch and not studying. Ever.
7. If I could’ve made a bet, I’d have said it was around 3:00 a.m.—the time people tell only the truth.
8. Instead of a good cop/bad cop, my parents liked to play mad cop/disappointed cop. Much less straightforward. Much more effective to get an admission of guilt.
9. Sometimes it’s good, because it makes me work a little harder. It brings an extra thing to prove. 
Sometimes it’s hard, for exactly the same reasons.
10. Whenever a bro starts complaining about general happiness and joy, bah humbug is the appropriate response. Unless none of us are in good moods, in which case the response is yippee-ki-yay.
11. Lights from the moon and parking lot glinted off my car. It sparkled almost as much as the girl inside it.
12. “I don’t know if the magazines are ready for our good looks,” Carter replied. “They could cause a lot of issues.”
13. Eliza was wrong about one thing, however: neither of us could be anyone we wanted. She would always be Carter’s sister. And I’d always be his bro.
14. She thought I might push her too far. That I might ridicule her to save face. 
That my masculinity mattered more to me than her safety.
15. Now, I knew college girls would be the same as high school girls. Only more of them. And none of them would be as perfect for me as she was. So it didn’t matter.
16. Remember me

THE BRO CODE WILL BE OUT ON 22 SEPTEMBER, 2020. PREORDER IT NOW! 
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | BookDepository | Kobo | Google Books 
 

ABOUT ELIZABETH A. SEIBERT

Elizabeth A. Seibert is the author of The Bro Code and is featured in Imagines: Celebrity Encounters Starring You. Elizabeth has amassed over 30 million reads and two top awards on Wattpad.com and loves discussing feminism, waffles, and the Oxford comma. 


Once upon a time, she grew up in Bedford, Massachusetts with her parents, her two sisters, her dog, and her two cats. Elizabeth, a young millennial, participated in the track and swim teams, and during her senior year of high school, she created her first draft of The Bro Code and became an immediate hit on Wattpad’s platform, winning Wattpad’s most popular humor story in 2012. The Bro Code received a publishing deal from Wattpad Books, Macmillan Publishers, and Penguin U.K in 2019. 
Elizabeth attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst where she created her own major, Behavioral Economics and Media Writing. During this time, she wrote No Capes, her second Wattpad novel, which won Wattpad’s Talk of the Town award in 2015 and was optioned for a TV adaptation in 2017. Before graduating UMass, Elizabeth was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society and joined the Ultimate Frisbee Team. 
After college, Elizabeth moved to Cambridge, MA, and launched her career as an advocate for using stories to help and inspire her communities. Elizabeth currently works in marketing and takes creative writing courses at Harvard University. Since enrolling at Harvard, Elizabeth has written across multiple genres and media including a full-length action movie, a 60-minute psychological thriller television pilot, and a variety of projects that expand her short-fiction portfolio. In her career, Elizabeth has also contributed journalistic articles to The Bedford Citizen and has written content for healthcare start-ups, digital advertising agencies, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Lenovo, and women’s magazines. Elizabeth loves to cook, read, play board games, and play ultimate frisbee. Her heroes include giraffes, Batman, and her sisters.   


Still not convinced if you should buy this book? Follow the book tour of the book and read reviews by other bookstagrammers! CLICK HERE FOR TOUR SCHEDULE.


Want more? YOU CAN NOW READ THE FIRST CHAPTER FOR FREE! Click HERE to gain access to the first chapter of the book!
Also, get a free The Bro Code themed coloring book here!
Psssst, Favourite Pages Book Club also have a giveaway of the book going around on Instagram, check out my Instagram account @thebookreaderclub to participate.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I would really appreciate your views!

Trending